- Features: Marine Grade 600D Rip-Stop Polyester Cotton Canvas Water Proof Body, 420D Polyester Oxford Waterproof Rain Fly, 110g Fade-less Gaze Breathable Windows, 3" High Density Foam Mattress with Quilted Cotton Cover, Insulated Base, Marine Grade Stainless Steel Hardware, 1000g Transportation Cover, Tubular Telescoping Ladder, Six Built In Storage Pockets, Storage Loft, Power Bank Pouch, Hand Held LED Light, LED Velcro Strip & Bonus Pack
- Fitment: Anything with a factory or aftermarket roof rack. Please confirm rack weight capacity prior if you’re unsure.
- Installation: Requires no drilling or modification to your vehicle if equipped with factory or aftermarket roof rack.
- Tent Bonus Pack: Memory Foam Pillows, Lap Table & Mini Broom and Dust Pan
- IMPORTANT: When ordering please provide your contact information including your phone number so an appointment can be scheduled truck a professional trucking company. You can send us that information through the Amazon messenger or call us at 833-226-4863.
Is Overland vehicle systems nomadic 3 a good rooftop tent?
The short answer is yes, the Overland Vehicle Systems Nomadic 3 is a high-end rooftop tent that can compete in features and in price with all the other tents available today on the market.
A weather-resistant rain-fly
To be sure that you are safe while camping during winter, you should make sure the rooftop tent that you’ll choose has proper rain protection.
There are many solutions to block rain and even snow from entering the inside of a tent. But the most used way in high-quality tents is the use of a rain-fly.
Many rooftop tents will give you the option to attach and remove the rain-fly.
You will need to remove it if the weather is good due to the fact that a rain-fly can increase the level of moisture inside the tent, especially if all windows and doors are closed for an extended period of time.
A rain-fly is also the solution that Overland vehicle systems chose to add to its nomadic 3 rooftop tent.
This rain-fly is made from Polyester, to be specific, it is made from 420D Oxford waterproof polyester.
Is it easy to set up?
Using the included tools, you can set the Overland vehicle systems nomadic 3 on a standard roof rack in an average duration of 30 minutes.
This duration is not the fastest in comparison to other rooftop tents in the same category, but it is acceptable.
When the setup of the roof tent is done, you will need to add a ladder to get inside the tent.
For this purpose, overland vehicle systems included a tubular ladder.
With a length of 96” and the ability to be adjusted, this ladder will allow you to use the nomadic 3 on vehicles with different heights.
And for safety reasons, this ladder will come with locking straps to be sure that no one falls if the tent is installed on a big vehicle.
The inside of the tent and what are its dimensions
The closed dimensions of the nomadic 3 rooftop tent are:
- A width of 63”.
- A length of 47”.
- And a height of 14”.
While its open measurements are:
- A width of 63”.
- A length of 122”.
- And a height of 51”
Durability, internal space, and comfort
A mix between polyester and cotton canvas (waterproof canvas) increases the life expectancy of the nomadic 3 roof tent.
This polyester (aka Marine-grade 600D polyester), is far stronger than the one used on the manufacturing of the rain-fly.
The internal space of the nomadic 3 is spacious enough to stretch and sleep without feeling too cozy or uncomfortable.
To remove any excess smells and moisture, you can open the windows to let the cold airflow inside the tent to regulate its temperature.
The base is insulated, a useful thing to have while camping in cold weather when the roof rack’s bed freezes.
Additionally, you will get an LED light, a transport cover, six storage pockets, and many other small utilities that you will need during your camping trip.